The design of the redevelopment for Sorrento Plaza aims to deliver significant benefits back to the community and will be planned based on the community engagement process.
Throughout the community engagement process we asked the community about the types of community benefit the project might deliver.
At the final Design Review Workshop, we asked the community to rank Community Benefits in order of importance, this is what they told us:
- Architectural Design Excellence
- Range of land uses
- Public realm works on the Plaza
- Public realm works on West Coast Drive
- Additional public car parking (in addition to the required commercial bays)
- Environmental Performance and Sustainability
- Sinking Power Lines
- Public Art
The Megara Project Team look forward to looking for opportunities to incorporate the Community Benefits into the proposed redevelopment.